FKA seminar - Advertising and marketing law
On 22 September 2016 FKA will organize an all-day seminar on “Advertising and marketing law”. The meeting will be conducted by: Agnieszka Skrok, advocate, Przemysław Barchan, advocate and Barbara Załęcka, legal advisor and patent attorney.
Among the topics are:
- advertising inconsistent with good practices
- misleading advertising
- consequences of breaches
Legal aspects of promotional campaigns
- types of promotional campaigns
- promotional campaign regulations
- improper conducting of promotional campaigns: liability regimes
- when is it permitted?
- how to compare so as not to face legal consequences?
Trademarks in advertising
- can a competitor’s logo be used?
- trade mark infringements in the Internet
The consequences of infringement
- what rights does a competitor have?
- beware of time-barring
Copyright in advertising
- the concept of an advertising campaign and copyright
- quotations in advertising
- accidental use of someone else’s work in advertising
- liability for breach of copyright